1. Heat the oil in the pan with the onion and garlic for 1 mintue.
2. Add the steak. Cook until the meat is seared all over and there is no pink left. By his time there will be some juice in the pan and this should be sizzling.
3. Pour in half the Ale and allow to simmer for a minute, then pour in the rest with the thyme, chilli powder salt and pepper.
4. Crumble in the stock cubes. Add in the chopped vegetables.
5. Simmer for 10 mintues and then transfer to a large casserole pot. If the gravy doesn't cover the meat then add some water and mix in.
6. Pop the dish into the oven at 180 degrees and leave for at least 1 hour 30 mins (or until the meat is tender)
7. Roll out the pastry and put into pie dish (remembering to save some for the top). Ladel in the meat and put on the tops. Put it back into the oven for 20 mins (180 degrees).
Take out of the oven and leave to cool for a while - the filling can be extremely hot!
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (164g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 212 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.6g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.4g||47 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 105.8mg||33 %|
|Sodium 93.8mg||3 %|
|Potassium 473.9mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.6g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 2.8g|
|Protein 24.3g||35 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 329