Mix everything together in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
BAO DOUGH INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Combine all the ingredients in the mixing bowl of the standing mixer.
2. Mix with dough hook until the mixture forms a ball. Continue to knead until the dough is smooth and even mixed.
3. With your hands, roughly shape the dough into a ball and put it back into the mixing bowl to rise until double in bulk, about 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
4. In the meanwhile, cut 18 pieces of baking paper and set aside.
5. Deflate the dough and roughly shape into an even log. Divide the dough into 18 pieces.
6. Roll each piece into a thin disc, scoop about 1 tbsp of meat filling onto the disc. Pleat and seal the buns tightly.
7. Cover the buns with a loose plastic wrap and let it rise for 20 minutes. Then steam the buns over medium-low heat for about 12 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (48g)|
|Recipe Makes: 18 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 64 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.1g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.4g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 30.3mg||9 %|
|Sodium 63.7mg||2 %|
|Potassium 100.1mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 9.1g|
|Protein 6.2g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 128
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!