1. Wash and clean chicken breasts of any fat.
2. Cut a pocket in the middle of the breast making sure not to cut too close to the edges.
3. Stuff the breasts with 1 tablespoon of Mascarpone cheese and Mozzarella cheese.
4. Pin the Chicken closed with a toothpick.
5. Season the outside of the chicken breasts with your favorite appropriate seasoning. (I like to use a garlic pepper blend and a little Italian seasoning.)
6. Mix the milk and egg together is a dish big enough to coast the chicken in.
7. Mix the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheeses together in a dish big enough to coast the chicken in.
8. Coat the chicken with egg mixture and the bread crumbs mixture. Set aside on a dry plate.
9. Heat olive oil and butter in skillet on medium heat; add crushed garlic clove.
10. When the butter is melted and foaming and garlic becomes lightly brown add chicken.
11. Cook on the first side only turning over when that side is adequately browned. Turn and repeat cooking on the other side. If the breast is thick you may need to brown the sides as well.
12. Add wine and chicken bouillon. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink. Cover the pan with the lid ajar. (If too much steam stays in the breading will fall off.)
13. While the chicken is simmering purée and heat the dice tomatoes making a sauce.
14. When chicken is done remove it from the pan and place in a warm platter. Blend the cornstarch with the cream in a small bowl. Slowly whisk cream into the skillet cooking and whisking until thickened.
15. Add about 1/4 of the tomato sauce to cream sauce and mix. (The sauce will look almost orange.)
16. I return the chicken to the sauce but you don't have to.
17. I like to serve Angel Hair pasta with this dish but any light pasta would be a great complement.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (254g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 358 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.7g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 21.9g||109 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 238.4mg||73 %|
|Sodium 348.1mg||12 %|
|Potassium 435.3mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 6g|
|Protein 34g||49 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 533
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.