1. Zest 1 lemon and 1 lime
2. Put zested ginger, cucumber, 1 cup coconut water, the juice of 1/2 of the zested lemon, and the juice of 1/2 of the zested lime into the blender and blend for a few minutes on low.
3. Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a large punch bowl.
4. Add water to mixture (1:1, water:mixture).
5. Add a few quick squirts of liquid Stevia (optional - I didn't do this), the juices of the other halves of the zested lemon and lime, as well as a teaspoon of each of their zests to the mixture, Stir well.
6. From, here you can either:
- Add the rest of the zest, ice and the remaining lemon and lime, cut into slices, to the mixture, then
- Keep adding water and coconut water (amounts of each to your own preference and to taste)
- Serve in individual glasses by filling each glass with ice and a slice from the remaining lemon and lime, then
- Fill half the glass with the detox mixture, and then the other half with your preferred levels of water and/or coconut water,
- And top the glass with some zest and a basil leaf.
*** My preferred combinations:
- Light Refreshing Water to Cool-Down: 1/2 detox mixture, 1/2 water, splash of coconut water
- Post-Workout Rejuvenator: 1/2 detox mixture, 1/2 coconut water
- Quick Detox Metabolism Booster/Digestion Aide: 3/4 detox mixture, *1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, 1/4 water ********I personally don't think this tastes too good, but I like to drink it quickly in the morning to wake myself up!********
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (50g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (9%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 12.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 77.4mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.6g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 2.5g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 11
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!