* Allow the pie crust to thaw in the refrigerator ( I usually put it in the refrigerator before I go to bed). and allow to sit for 15-20 minutes until the edge of the crust is soft enough to make indentations with fork lines. Go all around the crust pressing the fork into the edge to make it look homemade :)
* Cook spinach according to directions, drain and use paper towels to press out excess water.
* Take swiss cheese out of package and cut into 1/4 - 1/2 inch strips.
* Break three eggs into a mixing bowl, beat with a fork or whisk. Add heavy cream, salt and pepper (and a dash of nutmeg, if desired).
* Add spinach and cheese to the egg mixture and stir enough to incorporate.
* Put the mixture in the pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
* Let sit 10 minutes before cutting.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (263g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 330 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.7g||49 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.6g||83 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.5g|
|Cholesterol 577.2mg||178 %|
|Sodium 443.1mg||15 %|
|Potassium 414mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.9g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 25.5g|
|Protein 29.4g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 555
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.