I love this recipe! I got it out of Home Cooking magazine about 5 years ago. They come out perfect!
1. In large mixing bowl, stir together 1 cup flour and yeast. In medium saucepan, heat and stir water, milk, shortening, and salt just until warm (120 to 130 degrees) and shortening almost melts.
2. Stir in potato flakes. Let stand for 1 minute.
3. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients with egg. Beat on low to medium speed for 30 seconds, scraping sides of bowl.
4. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Using a wooden spoon, stir in as much of the remaining flour as possible.
5. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Knead in enough of the remaining flour for 6 to 8 minutes to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic. Shape into a ball.
6. Place dough in a lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface.
7. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 1/4 hours, or until double.
8. Punch down dough. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Divide in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
9. Lightly grease 2 (8 by 8 by 2-inch OR 9 by 9 by 2-inch) baking pans.
10. On lightly floured surface, roll each half to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter.
11. Place roll in prepared baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30-40 minutes, or until nearly double.
12. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden.
13. Immediately remove rolls from pans. Cool on wire rack.
14. Makes 20 to 24 rolls.
16. This recipe can also be used in a bread machine. Just make sure you follow the machine instructions for the order of ingredients.
2� hours | 2 hours prep
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Dozen (113g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Dozen|
|Calories from Fat: 25 (18%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.8g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 107mg||33 %|
|Sodium 1205.3mg||42 %|
|Potassium 57.6mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.9g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 25.9g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 140
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!