This is my go-to decadent paleo chocolate cake. It is easy to make, grain, gluten and dairy free. I love to make it in a parchment paper lined skillet for easy clean up. It's a winner all around!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using parchment paper, line an 8" cast iron skillet.
2. Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl, and using an electric mixer, mix for several minutes in well mixed.
3. Pour batter into prepared cast iron skillet and smooth batter.
4. Bake for 25-27 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Cool completely before icing/frosting (Paleo Chocolate Ganache Icing).
You can also mix in a bowl with a wooden spoon or spatula if desired. If you go this route, you should probably whisk the almond flour to get out all the lumps and then add the remaining ingredients.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (70g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 394 (93%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 43.8g||58 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.9g||104 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.9g|
|Cholesterol 116.6mg||36 %|
|Sodium 232.2mg||8 %|
|Potassium 184.3mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 5.5g|
|Protein 4.5g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 424
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!