1. Toast almonds (a pan works just fine, but don't walk away). [I tried using roasted almonds from Whole Foods and they weren't crunchy enough.]
2. Cook wild rice as directed, maybe 45 minutes before cooking the stir fry.
3. For the sauce, combine soy sauce, water, cornstarch, sugar, cayenne pepper, and ginger in a small bowl or salad dressing shaker. Set aside.
4. Have all the ingredients ready to go before heating the wok.
5. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add tofu and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside in a medium/large bowl (you could actually serve out of this later to save dishes.).
6. Add 1 Tbsp oil to wok and stir-fry vegetables about 5-6 minutes - don't let them be raw. Add nuts and stir-fry another minute. Add to bowl with tofu.
7. Mix sauce well and pour into empty wok on about medium. Boil 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened and a bit clear. Add tofu and vegetables back to the wok and stir to coat. Cover and cook another minute or 2 so everything is hot.
8. Gently stir in oranges, heat through, and serve.
Serve over wild rice.
You can freeze the tofu the day before and then thaw it, or press it - that will make it extra firm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1004g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 690 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 76.7g||102 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.3g||46 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 34.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 678.3mg||23 %|
|Potassium 3174.8mg||84 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 133.6g||39 %|
|Dietary Fiber 19.6g||78 %|
|Sugars, other 114.1g|
|Protein 39.4g||56 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1318
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!