1. Toast almonds (a pan works just fine, but don't walk away). Or use toasted almonds and chop.
2. Cook wild rice as directed, maybe 45 minutes before cooking the stir fry (1 cup rice, 3.5 cups water, 2 teaspoons concentrated veggie broth, boil 40 minutes, drain)
3. For the sauce, combine soy sauce, water, cornstarch, sugar, cayenne pepper, and ginger in a small blender. Set aside.
4. Have all the ingredients ready to go before heating the wok.
5. Heat 2 Tbsp oil in wok over medium-high heat. Add tofu and stir-fry until lightly browned, about 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside in a medium/large bowl (you could actually serve out of this later .).
6. Add 1.5 Tbsp oil to wok and stir-fry vegetables about 5-6 minutes - try for crispy, don't let them be raw. Add nuts and stir-fry another minute. Add to bowl with tofu.
7. Mix sauce well and pour into empty wok on about medium. Boil 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened and a bit clear. Add tofu and vegetables back to the wok and stir to coat. Add green onions. Cover and cook another minute or 2 so everything is hot.
8. Gently stir in oranges, heat through, and serve over rice.
Serve over wild rice.
You can freeze the tofu the day before and then thaw it, or press it - that will make it extra firm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1192g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1120 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 124.4g||166 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.7g||78 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 38.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 63.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1218.2mg||42 %|
|Potassium 4262.9mg||112 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 139.5g||41 %|
|Dietary Fiber 19.8g||79 %|
|Sugars, other 119.7g|
|Protein 33.1g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1737
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!