1. Heat oil and butter in a pan. Add bay leaf, onions and peppercorns. When onions turn translucent add celery and garlic. Stir fry. Add carrots and tomatoes. Stir fry for a minute.
2. Add salt and 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil. Cover the lid and cook for 10-15 minutes. Or pressure cook up to one whistle.
3. Once the tomatoes are cooked, strain the mixture through a strainer. Reserve the liquid. Remove peppercorns and bay leaf from the residue and allow it to cool.
4. Blend it in a mixer to get a smooth puree. Pass it through a strainer. Add the reserved liquid to the pureed tomatoes and adjust the consistency. Put it back on heat. Add salt, freshly crushed peppercorns and sugar. Cook for few minutes. Cornflour paste (2-3 tablespoons Cornflour mixed with 1-2 Teaspoons of water) could be added to thicken the soup.
5. To get a smooth texture add cream. Do not boil the soup after adding cream.
6. Prepare bread croutons(make square pieces of the bread after cutting off the edges.Deep/Shallow fry bread crumbs in oil or in a microwave oven under low heat setting)
7. Serve the soup hot after adding the bread croutons.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (53g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 67 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.4g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 15.1mg||5 %|
|Sodium 1189.9mg||41 %|
|Potassium 81mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 4.4g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 88
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!