1.make turkey stock. Ask butcher for extra turkey bones. Look at bonappetit.com/stock
2. When turkey is out of oven, heat 4 cups stock by bare simmer. Keep warm to prevent clumping later.
3. Drain drippings from pan. Reserve 1/4 cup. Clack plan over 2 burners. Scrape with 1/4 cup fat.
4. Develop roux. Which 1/3 cup Wondra a scraping brown bits. Which constantly until toasty golden brown . Should look like cappuccino, be shiny and smooth. About 5 minutes.
5. Add 1/2 dry white wine whisk to blend until liquid is mostly evaporated. This happens quickly. Add more reserved turkey drippings and whisk again
6. Ladle in some hot stock and which. Continue one label at a time. 8-10 minutes
7. Thicken by simmering. Thick enough when coats back of a spoon.
8. Strain through fine mesh sieve into medium sauce pan over low heat. Add salt and pepper. Also add splash of vinegar or sherry.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1976g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 704 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 78.3g||104 %|
|Saturated Fat 31.2g||156 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 34.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.3g|
|Cholesterol 114.2mg||35 %|
|Sodium 3050.8mg||105 %|
|Potassium 2016mg||53 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 67.8g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 67.8g|
|Protein 48.4g||69 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 1189
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!