From 'This is a Cookbook' by Max and Eli Sussman
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. To make the sauce, pour the tomatoes into a bowl and break up into chunks with your hands. In a medium saucepan, heat the 2 Tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and toast, stirring for about 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes, cumin, coriander, cayenne, if using, and a big pinch of salt and simmer until the sauce has reduced and thickened, but does not seem too dry, 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
3. In a medium frying pan, heat the 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add the spinach and quickly saute until just wilted, 1-2 minutes, stirring in a pinch of salt toward the end. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. Pour the tomatoe sauce into a 9-inch square glass baking dish and spread smooth. Cover evenly with the wilted spinach. Using the back of a spoon, make 6 evenly spaced indentations in the spinach, just large enough to hold an egg. Carefully crack 1 egg into each well, taking care not to break the yolks. Sprinkle the feta over the top, distributing it evenly Bake until the whites are just set, 20-25 minutes.
5. While the eggs are baking, whisk the yogurt and milk together in a small saucepan and warm over low heat. Whisk in the lemon zest. Remove the eggs from the oven, spoon the yogurt sauce over the top, and serve directly from the dish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (340g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 265 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.5g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.7g||58 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.2g|
|Cholesterol 832mg||256 %|
|Sodium 741.3mg||26 %|
|Potassium 783.7mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 7.4g|
|Protein 32.9g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 429
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.