1. Season the meat with flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan and brown the meat and bacon.
3. Add the onions and cook, then add the garlic, carrots, celery and juniper berries. Cook for 6-8 minutes, until the vegitables soften.
4. Add wine, stock, coriander and cover and simmer fo 3-4 hours, until the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
5. Allow to cool. Strain the cooking liquid and separate vegetable and meat from the bones. Shredte meat.
6. If the sauce is too runny, place back on stove and reduce (adding 1tsp corn flour) if required. (I usually use a hand held food processor to blitz the sauce).
7. Add sauce and meat giving it a good mix.
8. Spoon the mixture into a oven proof pie dish and cover with pastry. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 deg C for 30 - 40 minutes or unti golden brown.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1002g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 357 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.7g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.5g||53 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.2g|
|Cholesterol 89mg||27 %|
|Sodium 589.5mg||20 %|
|Potassium 852.4mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.2g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 21.1g|
|Protein 11.6g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 683
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.