Best when made in advance.
1) In a small bowl, whisk the sour cream and mayonnaise until well blended.
2) Squeeze the juice from one lime half into the fish taco sauce mixture, then whisk thoroughly. You'll want the consistency of a pourable, creamy salad dressing. If still too thick, add more lime juice from the other half. If too runny, add sour cream.
3) Add all of the spices, whisking to mix thoroughly. Add the capers, minced pepper and cilantro, and whisk thoroughly.
4) Cover the bowl with wrap and refrigerate the fish taco for at least one hour — the longer the better.
5) Serve chilled. Spoon white sauce over fish tacos, or add into taco salads or rice bowls.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (276g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 451 (83%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 50.1g||67 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.5g||62 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 75.6mg||23 %|
|Sodium 1037.3mg||36 %|
|Potassium 271.5mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 19.3g|
|Protein 4g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 541
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!