1. In a strainer, rinse wild rice under cool running water. Drain well.
2. In 3-qt. saucepan, bring rice and chicken broth to a boil over high heat.
3. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 45-50 minutes or until rice is tender. Drain excess liquid and set rice aside.
NOTE: Can use Gulf Pacific Gourmet Brown and Wild Rice Blend (from HEB). Use 1.5 cups of rice blend and 3 cups of chicken broth. No need to add butter or salt. Simmer 20-30 mintues until rice is done.
4. In medium skillet, heat 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil (don't need 3T. Too much!) over medium-high heat. Add diced peppers and cook for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
5. Add cashews and green onions to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until nuts begin to brown. Remove from heat.
6. In large bowl, gently stir together rice and vegetable/nut mixture.
7. For dressing, combine all ingredients in jar with tight lid. Shake well, and pour dressing over salad. Toss gently to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (954g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 271 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.1g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2651.8mg||91 %|
|Potassium 1102.9mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.9g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 36.7g|
|Protein 25.4g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Calories per serving: 533
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!