|3/4 cupOatmeal; Old-Fashioned|
|1/2 cupWheat flour|
|1/2 cupOat Flour|
|1/4 cupWhite Flour|
|1 1/2 tspBaking Powder; Aluminum Free|
|1/4 tspBaking soda|
|1/4 cupFlax Seed; ground|
|1/4 cupSunflower Seeds|
|1/4 cupPumpkin Seeds|
|1/4 cupWalnuts; chopped|
|2 largeEggs; beaten|
|3 largeBananas; mashed|
Banana-oat Muffins Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tin with paper liners.
2. Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. In medium bowl, beat eggs then add buttermilk, vanilla, honey, mashed banana and stir until combined.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
5. Spoon batter into the prepared muffin tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack, in the pan, for about 15 minutes.
7. I prepare these ahead and then freeze them for quick breakfast or snack selections. Just a few seconds in the microwave and they are perfect.
1. Apples - Substitute 2 cups diced Granny Smith apples for the bananas and add 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 tsp nutmeg. Mix apples into the dry ingredients before adding wet ingredients.
2. Blueberries - Substitute 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries. Mix blueberries into wet ingredients before adding wet into dry.
3. Substitute yogurt for the buttermilk.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
You may also enjoy
Banana-oat Muffins Reviews
Blogger? Grab a link to this recipe
Add to on:
Tweets by @bigoven