377 people want to try | 650 have favorited
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder (or cream of tarter), and salt into medium bowl
3. Whisk buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and food coloring in small bowl to blend
4. Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until well fluffy, 3 minutes
5. Add eggs, beating until well blended, about 30 seconds
6. Beat in dry ingredients in 4 additions alternately with buttermilk mixture in 3 additions
7. Scoop into cupcake tins
8. Bake cupcakes until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes
9. Cool in pans 10 minutes
10. Cool completely on racks
Guest, you can Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?
BigOven makes mealtime easy!
You may also enjoy:
Shelysan 10 months agoA littler less of cocoa for brighter red color :)
susieq_64 1 year agoMe & my daughter just made these and they are delicious. It is a very, simple and easy receipe . We will be making them again for sure.
Gatt216 1 year agoAwesome cupcakes. I filled mine with chocolate pudding you can see in the pictures.
Arinha 2 years agoLoved this recipe!
fireb4smoke 4 years ago[I posted this recipe.]