Barbecue Cola Chicken
Tender barbeque chicken in thick cola/barbecue sauce."Very good.I used diet dr pepper and took the chicken out while the sauce was thickening. " - magnet54
Yield: 4 Servings Ready in 50 minutes
92 people trying soon
Verified by stevemur
Barbecue Cola Chicken Preparation
Fillet breasts into halves(Or cut into strips)
1. Heat pan over medium-high heat
2. Add garlic,ginger, red onion, 1/4 cup(Sherry/Wine)
3. Saute over medium-high heat for 2 min.
4. Add Cola, Barbeque Sauce, Chicken.
5. Bring to boil, cover, reduce heat simmer 15 min.
6. Add other 1/4 cup Sherry(or red wine)
7. Remove cover cook over high heat until sauce is thick.
Tip: chicken can be removed from pan and let rest in bowl after simmering for 15 min, and add chicken back to sauce mixture after sauce has started to thicken up. This will help ensure chicken is not overcooked while sauce thickens.
Link to another BigOven recipe
Add a link to another recipe! What would you serve with this?