Top-ranked recipe named "Buttermilk Biscuits"
I have worked on making the best biscuits for years. This is adapted from one I found elsewhere.
"I am a novice at biscuit making and these turned out great. I used extra butter in place of lard and doubled the buttermilk. They baked up quickly and my family liked the flavor. Only complaint is that they did not rise very much. Otherwise, I will make this recipe again with a few variations."- tiffanyelswick
1. Preheat oven to 500° F and set oven rack to the center of the oven.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse to blend. Add chilled Butter and Lard and pulse until the the mixture looks pebbly.
3. Remove from the food processor and put this mixture in a bowl and gently stir in the Buttermilk until just incorporated.
4. Turn onto a flour board and flour the top, and fold over, flour, pat, fold, flour until barely workable.
5. Cut biscuits and put them on a baking pan prepared with a baking sheet with the sides just kissing each other.
6. Put them in the oven, close the oven door, and turn the temperature down to 450° F. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
ReyV 1 year ago
SOkirk 1 year agoLove this recipe! Make it everytime I want biscuits for soup, strawberry shortcake or my favorite - biscuits and gravey! Love love love!
Houdai 1 year agoThis is the best biscuit recipe I have tried! I make these all the time with my country sausage gravy for a hearty breakfast.
tiffanyelswick 1 year agoI am a novice at biscuit making and these turned out great. I used extra butter in place of lard and doubled the buttermilk. They baked up quickly and my family liked the flavor. Only complaint is that they did not rise very much. Otherwise, I will make this recipe again with a few variations.
pols005 1 year agoThese were super easy to make but super dense. I made them to go alongside a steak dinner and they were really too heavy for that. Bet they will hold up nicely to butter and honey in the morning though!
mogriff1 2 years agoMade these again.....this time using buttermilk (I had to add 1/4 cup more, it was dry). I also doubled the butter. They turned out really moist. Hubby and I enjoyed them with grape jam.
kennethscifres 2 years agoGood but a little dry for my taste.
anniefisher 2 years ago
mogriff1 2 years agoNice rise, texture and taste! I didnt have buttermilk so I used plain greek yogurt. I also added milk, it was a litte dry and more butter. We ate with grape jam, these turned out really good!
ronzeno 2 years agoThis recipe makes the BEST buttermilk biscuits I've ever made. I did add a little more butter and lard. When cutting the biscuits my Grandmother taught me to NEVER twist, just push down. The biscuits rise higher!