1. Preheat oven to 500° F and set oven rack to the center of the oven.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse to blend. Add chilled Butter and Lard and pulse until the the mixture looks pebbly.
3. Remove from the food processor and put this mixture in a bowl and gently stir in the Buttermilk until just incorporated.
4. Turn onto a flour board and flour the top, and fold over, flour, pat, fold, flour until barely workable.
5. Cut biscuits and put them on a baking pan prepared with a baking sheet with the sides just kissing each other.
6. Put them in the oven, close the oven door, and turn the temperature down to 450° F. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (173g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.1g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 16.7mg||5 %|
|Sodium 8464.2mg||292 %|
|Potassium 140.4mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.4g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 45.2g|
|Protein 6.4g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 276
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe