I have worked on making the best biscuits for years. This is adapted from one I found elsewhere.
1. Preheat oven to 500° F and set oven rack to the center of the oven.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a food processor and pulse to blend. Add chilled Butter and Lard and pulse until the the mixture looks pebbly.
3. Remove from the food processor and put this mixture in a bowl and gently stir in the Buttermilk until just incorporated.
4. Turn onto a flour board and flour the top, and fold over, flour, pat, fold, flour until barely workable.
5. Cut biscuits and put them on a baking pan prepared with a baking sheet with the sides just kissing each other.
6. Put them in the oven, close the oven door, and turn the temperature down to 450° F. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (173g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 81 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.1g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 16.7mg||5 %|
|Sodium 8464.2mg||292 %|
|Potassium 140.4mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 46.4g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 45.2g|
|Protein 6.4g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 276
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.