This recipe has been in the family for many years but no one really knows who started it. I only know its a twist on the regular traditional potato salad your use to but WOW its really good.
1. Boil potatoes in their jackets.
2. Let cool, then peel them and chop into medium chunks then cool completely.
3. Mix mayonnaise, yellow mustard, Louisiana hot sauce, and salt together.
4. Add potatoes, along with the rest of the ingredients, and fold in well.
5. You can make this the day before and refrigerate it overnight which is the best way.
6. You may need to put a little more Mayonnaise to it the next day if it is a little dry.
7. Dust the top of the potato salad with paprika before serving to table.
"Serves 20 hungry Cajuns for a good picnic".
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (602g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20|
|Calories from Fat: 447 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 49.7g||66 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.7g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 19.8g|
|Cholesterol 717mg||221 %|
|Sodium 1564mg||54 %|
|Potassium 1395.9mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 80.9g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.6g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 73.3g|
|Protein 33.7g||48 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 882
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.