1. Pour the kraut, with juice, as well as the onion and the cabbage, on one side of crock pot.
2. Drain cans of potatoes and put on other side of crockpot.
3. Add the sugar and broth stir lightly.
4. Cut up meat into small chunks and put on top.
5. This must go for 10 hours on low (at the least) for the flavor of the meat to get to potatoes. Four hours on high was still pretty good, if pressed for time.
6. Serve with mustard and horseradish.
time to make ? day;
5 min prep
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (650g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 358 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.8g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.1g||70 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.4g|
|Cholesterol 156.8mg||48 %|
|Sodium 2724.9mg||94 %|
|Potassium 1509.5mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 75.1g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.5g||38 %|
|Sugars, other 65.6g|
|Protein 37g||53 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 796
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe