Ready in 20 minutes
I used this recipe the first time I cooked lamb and it was easy. I ended up forgetting the butter in the sauce and putting it on top of the lamb instead, but it was just as delicious.
1. Press rosemary, salt and pepper onto lamb chops.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook lamb chops for about 3 1/2 minutes on each side (for medium rare).
3. Transfer lamb to a warm plate. Add shallots to pan and saute until slightly browned.
4. Add balsamic vinegar and scrape browned bits from bottom of pan, then add chicken broth.
5. Allow mixture to cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter.
6. Pour sauce over lamb and serve.
Made August 9th 2005 for Anthony and I, with israeli couscous on side.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
sofiacampbellDidn't like it that much. Not going to repeat it1m ago
maryjohnson2This dish is so easy to cook and it tastes really good too! This would be a great date night dish.9m ago
kirstykfWow this was so delicious, definitely making this again! Looks & tastes like it should have been way more work than it was ;)1y ago
Kburke10Easy and delicious, although my kids still prefer lamb with mint jelly.1y ago
drblomker83Sooooo good. Made this tonight with a shoulder chop. The meat will melt I. Your mouth and the flavors all mix well together with nothing overpowering the others. My wife can be picky with meat and she picked this down to the bone. Will definitely make again.1y ago
MothaiThis was my first time making lamb, it turned out great! I replaced the balsamic vinegar with red wine. Delicious!1y ago
Clairee333Really easy & very tasty1y ago
TimmsymBrilliant, great with cous cous, and really simple to make!2y ago
sjthrasherMy husband isn't a fan of vinegar so he didn't have any of the balsamic reduction which I felt totally made the dish and my son shared that he prefers pork chops over lamb chops. However, I love lamb and balsamic vinegar so I thought these lamb chops were fabulous!2y ago