Ready in 20 minutes
I used this recipe the first time I cooked lamb and it was easy. I ended up forgetting the butter in the sauce and putting it on top of the lamb instead, but it was just as delicious.
1. Press rosemary, salt and pepper onto lamb chops.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook lamb chops for about 3 1/2 minutes on each side (for medium rare).
3. Transfer lamb to a warm plate. Add shallots to pan and saute until slightly browned.
4. Add balsamic vinegar and scrape browned bits from bottom of pan, then add chicken broth.
5. Allow mixture to cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter.
6. Pour sauce over lamb and serve.
Made August 9th 2005 for Anthony and I, with israeli couscous on side.
maryjohnson2 4m agoThis dish is so easy to cook and it tastes really good too! This would be a great date night dish.
kirstykf 8m agoWow this was so delicious, definitely making this again! Looks & tastes like it should have been way more work than it was ;)
Kburke10 12m agoEasy and delicious, although my kids still prefer lamb with mint jelly.
drblomker83 1y agoSooooo good. Made this tonight with a shoulder chop. The meat will melt I. Your mouth and the flavors all mix well together with nothing overpowering the others. My wife can be picky with meat and she picked this down to the bone. Will definitely make again.
Mothai 1y agoThis was my first time making lamb, it turned out great! I replaced the balsamic vinegar with red wine. Delicious!
Clairee333 1y agoReally easy & very tasty
Timmsym 1y agoBrilliant, great with cous cous, and really simple to make!
shaziakhan1410 2y ago
sjthrasher 2y agoMy husband isn't a fan of vinegar so he didn't have any of the balsamic reduction which I felt totally made the dish and my son shared that he prefers pork chops over lamb chops. However, I love lamb and balsamic vinegar so I thought these lamb chops were fabulous!
Valerie411 2y agoVery simple recipe to make and tasted great!