Top-ranked recipe named "Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction"
I used this recipe the first time I cooked lamb and it was easy. I ended up forgetting the butter in the sauce and putting it on top of the lamb instead, but it was just as delicious.
"My husband isn't a fan of vinegar so he didn't have any of the balsamic reduction which I felt totally made the dish and my son shared that he prefers pork chops over lamb chops. However, I love lamb and balsamic vinegar so I thought these lamb chops were fabulous!"- sjthrasher
1. Press rosemary, salt and pepper onto lamb chops.
2. Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook lamb chops for about 3 1/2 minutes on each side (for medium rare).
3. Transfer lamb to a warm plate. Add shallots to pan and sautee until slightly browned.
4. Add balsamic vinegar and scrape browned bits from bottom of pan, then add chicken broth.
5. Allow mixture to cook until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter.
6. Pour sauce over lamb and serve.
Made August 9th 2005 for Anthony and I, with israeli couscous on side.
shaziakhan1410 3 months ago
sjthrasher 5 months agoMy husband isn't a fan of vinegar so he didn't have any of the balsamic reduction which I felt totally made the dish and my son shared that he prefers pork chops over lamb chops. However, I love lamb and balsamic vinegar so I thought these lamb chops were fabulous!
Valerie411 6 months agoVery simple recipe to make and tasted great!
Moctavious 9 months agoSuper easy to make. We used bone in pork chops instead of lamb which was amazing and the sauce could have used to thicken up more but it was really good.
onkima 1 year agoI love this recipe and I make it every time I decide to have lamb chops for dinner. It pairs excellent with couscous. :)
cjmonte 1 year agoI used this with pork chops. Added some baby bella mushrooms. I think I would add the brown sugar next time as someone suggested. This is a good recipe as is or you can embellish as you see fit.
jamietlee 1 year ago
jmm0874 1 year ago
sarahbaker2 1 year ago
kerynloughman 1 year agoDelicious!