1. Wash the ribs and blot dry. Remove the thin papery skin on the back of each rack of ribs. (Pull it off in a sheet with you finger, using a corner of a dish towel to gain a secure grip.)
2. Combine the ingredients for the rub (paprika, black pepper, sugar, salt, celery seed, cayenne, garlic powder, mustard and cumin) in a mixing bowl and stir with your finger to mix. Rub the mixture on the ribs on both sides. Transfer the ribs to a roasting pan and let marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Set up the grill for indirect grilling (no heat directly under the ribs) and preheat to medium (about 350 degrees). Place a drip to sit under the ribs. If using a gas grill, place all the chips in the smoker box or smoker pouch and preheat the grill to high. When smoke appears, lower the heat to medium. If using a charcoal grill, toss the wood chips on the coals.
4. Place the ribs on the grill ove the drip pan and cover the grill. Cook the ribs until done, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Start basting with mop sauce afte 30 minutes, basting every 20 minutes thereafter. If using a charcoal grill, replenish the coals after 1 hour. The ribs are done when the meat is very tender and it has shrunk back from the ends of the bones.
5. Transfer the ribs to a cutting board or platter. Mop one final time with mop sauce. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce on the side.
Great tasting ribs, tender and juicy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (77g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 26 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.8g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 349.9mg||12 %|
|Potassium 256.1mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 7.6g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 77
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe