1. Wash the ribs and blot dry. Remove the thin papery skin on the back of each rack of ribs. (Pull it off in a sheet with you finger, using a corner of a dish towel to gain a secure grip.)
2. Combine the ingredients for the rub (paprika, black pepper, sugar, salt, celery seed, cayenne, garlic powder, mustard and cumin) in a mixing bowl and stir with your finger to mix. Rub the mixture on the ribs on both sides. Transfer the ribs to a roasting pan and let marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
3. Set up the grill for indirect grilling (no heat directly under the ribs) and preheat to medium (about 350 degrees). Place a drip to sit under the ribs. If using a gas grill, place all the chips in the smoker box or smoker pouch and preheat the grill to high. When smoke appears, lower the heat to medium. If using a charcoal grill, toss the wood chips on the coals.
4. Place the ribs on the grill ove the drip pan and cover the grill. Cook the ribs until done, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Start basting with mop sauce afte 30 minutes, basting every 20 minutes thereafter. If using a charcoal grill, replenish the coals after 1 hour. The ribs are done when the meat is very tender and it has shrunk back from the ends of the bones.
5. Transfer the ribs to a cutting board or platter. Mop one final time with mop sauce. Serve with your favorite barbecue sauce on the side.
Great tasting ribs, tender and juicy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (77g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2|
|Calories from Fat: 26 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.8g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 349.9mg||12 %|
|Potassium 256.1mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 7.6g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 77
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.