Top-ranked recipe named "Raisin-Carrot Muffins"
My kids love these muffins, and they are nutritious too!
"Good muffins! I used 1/2 yogurt & 1/2 buttermilk, then 1/8 unsweetened applesauce & 1/8 oil for the oil. Yum!"- Raineygirl
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F. In a small bowl, combine raisins and boiling water; set aside. Coat sixteen 2-1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray or line with paper bake cups; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Make a well in the center.
3. In a small bowl, beat egg slightly; stir in buttermilk, brown sugar or substitute, and oil. Add all at once to flour mixture; stir just until moistened (the batter should be lumpy). Drain raisins. Gently fold raisins and carrot into batter.
4. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup two-thirds full. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon.
5. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from cups. Serve warm. Makes 16 muffins.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
Raineygirl 2 years agoGood muffins! I used 1/2 yogurt & 1/2 buttermilk, then 1/8 unsweetened applesauce & 1/8 oil for the oil. Yum!
comtois 8 years ago[I posted this recipe.]