1. Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Set the pans aside.
2. Place the cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, water, oil, food coloring, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase themixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides again if needed. The batter should look thick and well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon or scoop N cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it three quarters of the way full. (You will get between 22 and 24 cupcakes; remove the empty liners, if any.) Place the pans in the oven.
3. Bake the cupcakes until they spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks to cool for 5 minutes. Run a dinner knife around the edges of the cupcake liners, lift the cupcakes up from the bottoms of the cups using the end of the knife, and pick them out of the cups carefully with your fingertips. Place them on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes before frosting.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the White Chocolate Frosting.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler. Stir flour into chocolate.
- Add milk a little at a time and blend well. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until very thick.
- Cool completely. In a large bowl, beat sugar, butter and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add cooled chocolate mixture and beat until icing is the consistency of whipped cream.
5. Place a heaping tablespoon of frosting on each cupcake and swirl to spread with a short metal spatula or a spoon, taking care to cover the tops completely. Place these cupcakes, uncovered or in a cake server, in the refrigerator until the frosting sets, 20 minutes. The cupcakes are ready to serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (139g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24|
|Calories from Fat: 358 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.8g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.1g||81 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.3g|
|Cholesterol 98.8mg||30 %|
|Sodium 296.6mg||10 %|
|Potassium 139.7mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 50.6g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 49.2g|
|Protein 4.7g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 562
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe