Oven Temp: 450F / 230C / Gas mark 8
1. Heat oil in 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, chili powder and teaspoon salt and cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Stir in ground beef, beans and tomatoes, and bring to simmer, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix corn-bread batter according to package instructions.
4. Stir cheddar and cilantro into filling and season with salt and pepper to taste. Dollop corn-bread batter evenly over filling and spread into even layer.
5. Place skillet in oven and bake until corn bread is cooked through in center, 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve immediately with sour cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (552g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 710 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 78.9g||105 %|
|Saturated Fat 29.8g||149 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.3g|
|Cholesterol 200.9mg||62 %|
|Sodium 996.5mg||34 %|
|Potassium 1374.4mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 73.3g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15.8g||63 %|
|Sugars, other 57.5g|
|Protein 57.8g||83 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe