Ready in 30 minutes
Oven Temp: 450F / 230C / Gas mark 8
1. Heat oil in 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion, chili powder and teaspoon salt and cook until onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
2. Stir in ground beef, beans and tomatoes, and bring to simmer, breaking up meat with wooden spoon, about 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, mix corn-bread batter according to package instructions.
4. Stir cheddar and cilantro into filling and season with salt and pepper to taste. Dollop corn-bread batter evenly over filling and spread into even layer.
5. Place skillet in oven and bake until corn bread is cooked through in center, 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve immediately with sour cream.