1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Clean the potatoes and set them on a towel to dry. Once dry pour the oil in a small dish and roll the potatoes in the oil ensuring all sides are coated. Wrap each potato in aluminum foil and place in oven for 90 minutes.
2. Unwrap the potatoes and let them cool for 10-15 minutes. Slice them in half and set them aside. Get a spoon and scoop out the inside leaving about 1/4" of "meat" from the skin. Place the inside of the potatoes in a mixing bowl and set aside.
3. Butter the inside of the potatoes shells and place them on a cookie sheet. Place the potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
4. Combine the cream cheese and butter with the potato insides and mix well. (I use a kitchen-aid mixer) Once blended add the sour cream, heavy cream, salt and pepper. Once blended add scallions, bacon bits and 4 cups of cheddar cheese.
5. Then spoon the mixture into the potato shells and place on a baking sheet. Use the remaining 2 cups of cheddar cheese to top the filled potato shells. Place potatoes back in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and started to turn golden brown.
Making sure the potato shells are browned before filled really adds a nice touch. Also, if I take these to a house party I never bake them the final time at the party, just be sure to arrange it with the host beforehand.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (319g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 422 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 46.9g||62 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.9g||129 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.8g|
|Cholesterol 136.3mg||42 %|
|Sodium 784.1mg||27 %|
|Potassium 968.2mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 35.8g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 31.7g|
|Protein 19g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 633
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!