To prepare the salsa verde:
1. Roast the tomatillos in their husks on the a grill or without their husks under the broiler in the oven 5-10 minutes until the skins begin to blacken a bit. Remove and allow to cool enough to handle. Remove husks (if not already removed) and hull.
2. Place tomatillos and remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree. Season to taste with salt. Store in the refrigerator.
To prepare the enchlladas:
1. In a medium saucepan, saute the zucchini and red onion in the EVOO until lightly browned. Add garlic and oregano and cook 30 seconds until fragrant, then add the beans and corn and cook to warm through. Remove from heat.
2. Place 1/2 cup of salsa verde in a pie plate or other flat dish. Warm the corn tortillas in a small saucepan one at a time just to make the more pliable, then dip into salsa verde to coat. Spoon vegetable filling into the middle and roll up. Place into casserole dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
3. Cover the top of enchilladas with an additional 1/2-1 cup of salsa verde, to taste, then cover with shredded cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes in a 350ºF oven until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve with cilantro sprinkled on top and sour cream on the side. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (542g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 273 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.4g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.5g||73 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 65.4mg||20 %|
|Sodium 1253.2mg||43 %|
|Potassium 1296mg||34 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.4g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13g||52 %|
|Sugars, other 31.4g|
|Protein 25.6g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 530
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.