1) Heat a Dutch oven over medium heat. Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper. Add the oil to the pot and sear the chuck roast with salt and pepper. Add the oil to the pot and sear the chuck roast until browned, 7-8 minutes.
2) Remove the pot. Add the ground beef and chorizo and cook until browned, 7-8 minutes; drain off excess fat if necessary. Ad the garlic, onion and jalapenos, and cook for 2 minutes, then return the chuck roast back to the pot with the beer, tomatoes and tomato paste.
3) Using scissors, snip the guajillo chiles into small strips. Add to the pot and bring to a boil. Mix in the chili powder, cumin, oregano, bay leaves and 2 tbl.. salt. Reduce to a simmer and simmer for 1-1/2 hours.
4) Remove the bay leaves. Add the beans to the pot. Combine the masa and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl, then stir the mixture into the pot. Continue to simmer until the chili thickens slightly, an additional 15 minutes.
5) Serve with fixings immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (351g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 417 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 46.3g||62 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.3g||86 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 21.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.2g|
|Cholesterol 141.5mg||44 %|
|Sodium 675.1mg||23 %|
|Potassium 982.8mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.4g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 11.4g|
|Protein 41.4g||59 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 641
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.