Duck with arugula and orange sauce
1. Prepare the duck by scoring the fat in a diamond pattern and seasoning both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a pan over medium-low heat. Place the duck fat side down into the hot pan and render the fat, Approx 10-15 minutes. Once the fat has been rendered and the skin is a deep golden brown, remove the duck from the pan and save for service. Store the fat that's in the pan for use later.
1. Place your sugar, chicken base, duck fat, orange juice and vinegar into a sauce pot set on medium-high heat.
2. Cook the sauce until reduced by half, and it has changed colors to a deeper orange.
3. Make a slurry using the cornstarch and water. Add the slurry to the sauce and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool. Store for service.
1. Cook the duck in a 425 degree oven for 1-3 minutes depending on the desired temp. Remove the duck from the oven and allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting.
2. While the duck rests, mix the arugula, red pepper flakes and Thai vinaigrette together and place at the top of a small plate.
3. Slice the duck at an angle, getting 6 large pieces out of each breast. Fan out the duck along the arugula.
4. Take the sauce and using a spoon, place a tablespoon of sauce in the lower left of the plate and drag the spoon, creating a crescent shape. (see picture)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (103g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2799.2mg||97 %|
|Potassium 196.1mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 8.6g|
|Protein 0.8g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 40
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.