1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas mark 5 and grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Cut the apples into 2.5cm/1-inch chunks then place in a saucepan with 2-3 tablespoons of water.
Sprinkle over the sugar ( according to how sweet the fruit is) and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes,
stirring from time to time.
3. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it
resembles breadcrumbs then stir in the sugar and mix well.
4. Taste the apple mixture and stir in a little more sugar if necessary , add the Allspice and cinamon
then transfer to the greased ovenproof dish and top with half the crumble mixture pressing firmly.
5. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture evenly over the top and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
Serve hot or cold.
NB If you are using eating apples, reduce the amount of sugar as these will be sweeter than cooking apples.
my Grandmother gave me this recipe
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (146g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 92 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.2g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.4g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 26.9mg||8 %|
|Sodium 75.5mg||3 %|
|Potassium 87.5mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 60.1g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 58.2g|
|Protein 3.1g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 341
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.