1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine 1/4 cup of the vegetable oil and flour in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly 5 to 6 minutes for a blond roux.
3. Whisk in the milk and bring the liquid up to a boil. Season the liquid with salt and cayenne. Simmer the liquid for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the liquid is thick and coats the back of a spoon. Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the cheeses. Set the sauce aside.
4. In a saute pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in handfuls of spinach at a time, until all the spinach is incorporated. Add the garlic and artichoke and saute for 2 minutes. Season the vegetables with salt and cayenne.
6. Remove the vegetables from the heat and turn into a mixing bowl. Fold the cheese sauce into the vegetables. Turn the mixture into a baking pan. Bake the dip for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (103g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 89 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.9g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 15.5mg||5 %|
|Sodium 189.7mg||7 %|
|Potassium 145mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 8g|
|Protein 6.4g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 148
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.