1. To prepare the crust, in a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until coarse crumbs form.
2. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork, until a dough forms. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough into 11-inch circle. Fit into 9-inch pie pan. Trim edge, leaving 1/4-inch overhang. Fold under to form standup edge. Prick dough with a fork. Line with foil and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and weights. Bake until lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
5. Meanwhile, prepare filling. In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel to drain.
6. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, thyme, and pepper. Pour into crust. Crumble bacon. Sprinkle the egg mixture with the bacon, Gruyere cheese, and Cheddar cheese. Bake until golden and custard is set, about 30 minutes. Serve warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (415g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 743 (80%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 82.5g||110 %|
|Saturated Fat 49.8g||249 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 24g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.7g|
|Cholesterol 466.4mg||143 %|
|Sodium 353.2mg||12 %|
|Potassium 491.2mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.9g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 27.3g|
|Protein 21.2g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 925
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!