Impress Dad this Father's Day and serve our Bacon Mac and Beer Cheese as a stand-alone main course dish or as a decadent side. This recipe can be made from start to finish -- and go from stovetop to oven -- in just one Dutch oven. Beer and bacon make everything better.
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Bring a large pot of water to a raging boil and season generously with salt. Cook pasta of choice according to the box instructions, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
3. While pasta is boiling, grate the cheese(s) and gather your measured ingredients. You’ll want to be prepared as this sauce comes together fairly quickly.
4. In a large Dutch oven or cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until a smooth paste forms.
5. Slowly pour beer into the roux, whisking constantly. Simmer briefly.
6. Whisk in the milk and simmer until sauce begins to bubble and thicken slightly.
7. Add mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper.
8. Add cheese in batches, whisking as you go. Once cheese is thoroughly incorporated, fold in the cooked pasta.
9. Add salt and adjust seasonings to taste.
10. In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, olive oil, smoked paprika, chives, and crumbled bacon. Sprinkle over mac and cheese.
11. Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown.
We recommend adding salt AFTER the cheese has been incorporated into the sauce as it’s naturally salty in its own right, and depending on the cheese used, will vary widely. The bacon-breadcrumb topping will also lend additional saltiness to the dish, so we recommend a light hand.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (224g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 281 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31.2g||42 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.4g||77 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 67.9mg||21 %|
|Sodium 1443mg||50 %|
|Potassium 331.8mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 69.3g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 65.7g|
|Protein 22.3g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 659
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!