1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheight.
2) Wrap the beets individually in aluminum foil and place them on a sheet
pan. Roast them for 50 minutes to 1 hour, depending on their size, until
a small sharp knife inserted in the middle indicates that they are tender.
3) Unwrap each beet and set asie for 10 minutes, until cool enough to
4) Place the almonds on a sheet pan and roast for 10 minutes, turning
once, until they are lightly browned. Sprinkle with salt and set aside.
5) Peel the beets with a small sharp knife over a piece of parchment
paper to prevent staining your cutting board.
6) Meanwhile, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, mustard, 2 teaspoons
salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper and set aside.
7) While the beets are still warm, cut each one in half and then each
half into 4 to 6 wedges and place them in a large mixing bowl. As
you're cutting the beets, toss them with half of the vinaigrette (warm
beets absorb more vinaigrette), 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon
pepper. Taste for seasonings.
8) Place the arugula in a separate bowl and toss it with enough vinai-
grette to moisten. Put the arugula on a serving platter and then
arrange the beets, almonds, and goat cheese on top. Drizzle with
additional vinaigrette, if desired, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and
serve warm or at room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (196g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 240 (73%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 26.7g||36 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.6g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 16.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.8g|
|Cholesterol 14.9mg||5 %|
|Sodium 624.7mg||22 %|
|Potassium 525.1mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.8g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 12.6g|
|Protein 7.7g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 331
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.