1. Preheat the oven to 400. Grease a standard muffin tin or use cupcake/muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of the walnuts and the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, salt and baking powder). Reserve the remaining 1/3 cup walnuts for the tops of the muffins.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, yogurt, vanilla, agave nectar and melted butter. Mix in the bananas.
4. In the bowl of dry ingredients, use a spatula or wooden spoon to create a large hole or well in the center. Pour the wet ingredients into the hole.
5. Stir and fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Stop mixing as soon as the dry ingredients are completely moistened. Be careful not to over mix. It is okay to have some streaks of flour running through the batter. The batter will be thick and a bit lumpy.
6. Using two spoons or a large ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tins with the batter. Fill up to the top if you want large, coffee shop-style muffins, otherwise fill the tins only 3/4 full. Top with the reserved walnuts.
7. Bake 20-30 minutes or until the tops are nicely browned and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and let rest on a cooling rack for 5 minutes before removing from tin.
Serve immediately or store for up to 3-4 days. Serve warmed or at room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1271g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1475 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 163.9g||218 %|
|Saturated Fat 57.3g||286 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 41.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 49.6g|
|Cholesterol 424.6mg||131 %|
|Sodium 1289mg||44 %|
|Potassium 2538.9mg||67 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 535.6g||158 %|
|Dietary Fiber 32g||128 %|
|Sugars, other 503.6g|
|Protein 94g||134 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3899
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!