1. Make the Bars:
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly butter and flour 9-inch square pan (see Note).
3. In large bowl, beat together butter and sugar with electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and rum. Mix to combine.
4. In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture. Mix in bananas and pecans, then stir to incorporate.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Make the Frosting:
7. In large bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, sugar, and extract with an electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Add cinnamon and 1 cup confectioners’ sugar; blend until smooth (careful; over mixing will cause separation). Add additional confectioners’ sugar to create desired consistency.
8. Spread frosting immediately over cooled bar cookies. Cover and store bars in refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, cut bars into 2-inch squares. If desired, top each square with a pecan half.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (98g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 122 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.5g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.2g||41 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 42.1mg||13 %|
|Sodium 117.8mg||4 %|
|Potassium 110.9mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 42.1g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 41.3g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 294
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.