1. Preheat the oven to 325 F
2. In a bowl, combine some sea salt, pepper, and almond flour.
3. Season the ribs with more salt and pepper, and dredge each beef short ribs until they are lightly coated on all sides with the almond flour mixture.
4. Heat the olive oil and butter until it’s just melted and foamy.
5. Sear the ribs in the melted butter and olive oil at least 3-4 minutes per side; until the ribs are nice and brown and slightly crispy.
6. Transfer the ribs to a plate, and lower the heat on the range to medium.
7. Remove all but 2 Tbsp of the fat/olive oil/butter mixture, and add the onions, carrots, sweet potatoes and baby potatoes. Season with salt.
8. Sauté the vegetables for about 5-7 minutes and then add the garlic, tomatoes, thyme and oregano, then the sugar.
9. Boil the stock with the mushrooms and simmer for 15 minutes. Puree with a hand blender.
10. In a large, oven proof dish, combine in layers the vegetable potato mixture, ribs. Deglaze the sautee pan with wine and pour over, then add the pureed mushroom stock mixture on top.
11. Cover and cook in oven for 3 hours.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (816g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 272 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.3g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.4g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 122.2mg||38 %|
|Sodium 2509.2mg||87 %|
|Potassium 3003.5mg||79 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 88.7g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.1g||57 %|
|Sugars, other 74.5g|
|Protein 52.1g||74 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 878
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!