1. for the seasoned flour-combine flour, paprika, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne-mix well.
2. For the Dipping sauce - Blend everything together well and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
3. For the batter -Mix cornstarch, flour and seasonings until well blended.
4. Add beer and mix well.
5. Cut about 3/4 inch off top of onion and peel.
6. Cut into onion 12-16 vertical wedges but do not cut through bottom root end.
7. Remove about 1 inch of petals from center of onion (You can place the cut onions in cold water for a few hours to help "open" them up -- just make sure that you drain them well).
8. Dip in seasoned flour and gently shake to remove excess.
9. Separate petals to coat thoroughly with batter.
10. Gently place in a fryer basket and deep fry at 375-400 for 1 1/2 minutes.
11. Turn over and fry 1 1/2 minutes more or until golden brown.
12. Drain on paper towels.
13. Place onion upright in a shallow bowl and remove center core with a circular cutter or apple corer.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (499g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 481 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 53.5g||71 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||41 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 30.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 21.4mg||1 %|
|Potassium 547.1mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 115.3g||34 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.8g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 107.5g|
|Protein 16g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1045
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.