1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and generously spray with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Make the base/topping: In a large bowl, use a fork to mix together the oat flour, oats, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add in melted butter, vanilla extract and almond extract and stir until a nice crumble forms and dough begins to clump together.
3. Place 1-3/4 cups of the mixture into the prepared pan and place the remaining mixture into the fridge (the remaining mixture will be used for the topping). Use your hands to evenly press the dough to the bottom of the pan.
4. Next make your blueberry pie filling: place a medium pot over medium heat. Add in blueberries, maple syrup, almond extract, cornstarch (or arrowroot) and salt. Use a wooden spoon or potato masher to press down and break down the blueberries just a bit.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 3-5 more minutes until mixture is thickened up and nicely coats the back of a spoon.
6. Pour mixture over the crust and use a spoon to evenly spread.
7. Take the remaining topping out of the fridge. By now there should be some nice crumbles that have clumped together. Sprinkle the topping over the blueberry filling.
8. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden.
9. Allow bars to cool completely on a wire rack before transferring to the fridge to chill. Bars are delicious served at room temperature or straight out of the fridge. Use a sharp knife to cut into 16 bars before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (30g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 29 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.2g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.9g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 7.6mg||2 %|
|Sodium 24.9mg||1 %|
|Potassium 49.7mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.3g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 17.5g|
|Protein 0.8g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 102
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!