- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, add flour stirring until smooth
- Gradually add the milk and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in salt and set aside.
- Combine the tomatoes, sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Gradually add this to the sauce. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the bread and enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (201g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 76 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.4g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 21.3mg||7 %|
|Sodium 1910mg||66 %|
|Potassium 371.5mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.2g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 15.4g|
|Protein 4.4g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 158
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!