1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the quinoa. Cook and stir 3 minutes until toasted and fragrant.
2. Stir in the 2 cups milk, water, cinnamon, and sea salt.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
4. Cover and cook about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally heat until the porridge is thick and grains are tender, about 25 minutes. (Add a small amount of water if needed if the liquid has dried up before it finishes cooking).
5. Serve, drizzled with some of the remaining 1/2 cup milk, and fresh or dried fruit, and 1 tsp maple syrup per serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (231g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1 (1%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1167.7mg||40 %|
|Potassium 103.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 17.8g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 73
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!