Try this Brother Mark BBQ Sauce recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Over medium heat in a medium skillet, saute the garlic and onions in 2 tablespoons of the coconut oil until the onions are translucent.
2. Add the lemon zest, rosemary sprig, 1/8 cup of the pineapple juice, and 1/8 cup of the apple juice to the onion and garlic mixture and bring to a simmer; then turn heat down to low and simmer while you continue to prepare the sauce.
3. While the onion mixture is simmering, in a separate large skillet, heat the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil over medium-low heat and whisk in the tomato paste.
4. Turn the heat up to medium to medium-high and slowly add the wine as well as the remaining pineapple and apple juice, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly.
5. Strain the liquid from the onion-and-rosemary mixture pan through a sieve or strainer into the tomato sauce mixture and let the sauce cook down and thicken while stirring constantly over medium to medium-high heat (approximately 7-10 minutes).
6. Add the remaining ingredients, whisk together well, and simmer for another 7-10 minutes. Makes approximately 2 cups.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (939g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 408 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 45.3g||60 %|
|Saturated Fat 35.9g||179 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 18594.2mg||641 %|
|Potassium 1872.2mg||49 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 92.4g||27 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.7g||35 %|
|Sugars, other 83.7g|
|Protein 17.4g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 848
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.