1. Cut butternut squash in half vertically and use a cook spoon to scoop out seeds. Lay squash flesh-down on a sheet tray with parchment paper. Fill tray with water until it is 1/2" high then roast squash at 350? until tender. Let cool.
2. Scrape the flesh out of the rasted squash once they have cooled.
3. In a mixing bowl, coat onions, celery, ginger, carrots, and garlic with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer this mixture to a sheet tray with a roasting rack and roast at 350? until they begin to brown.
4. In a large pot, lightly saute the roasted vegetables, then add the butternut squash and stir.
5. Add chicken stock until the squash and vegetables are just covered. Simmer for 1 hour.
6. Add heavy cream and puree in vita-prep until smooth.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (2750g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1276 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 141.7g||189 %|
|Saturated Fat 40.7g||204 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 57.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 30.7g|
|Cholesterol 690mg||212 %|
|Sodium 801.1mg||28 %|
|Potassium 8159.6mg||215 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 218.1g||64 %|
|Dietary Fiber 38.3g||153 %|
|Sugars, other 179.8g|
|Protein 190.8g||273 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2837
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!