These are by far one of my favorite cookies. Chewy, gingery, chocolatey...
1. Sift together flour, ground ginger, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and cocoa powder.
2. In a different bowl, beat butter and grated ginger until whitened--about 4 minutes; add brown sugar and molasses and beat until combined.
3. In small bowl, dissolve the baking soda into the boiling water.
4. Beat half the flour mixture into the butter mixture; then add the baking soda mixture and the remaining flour and mix well.
5. Mix in the chocolate.
6. Turn the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap and pat to about 1" thickness; seal the plastic wrap and chill until firm--two hours or more.
7. Spray baking sheet. Roll the dough into 1.5" balls; roll each ball in the granulated sugar. Place the balls 2" apart on the baking sheet.
8.Bake at 325 degrees until the surface cracks slightly, about 13 minutes.
9. Let cool. Enjoy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (26g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 104 (74%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.5g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.2g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 25.1mg||8 %|
|Sodium 52.3mg||2 %|
|Potassium 68.8mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 10g|
|Protein 0.5g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 141
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.