For the paste:
1. Peel the garlic and ginger.
2. On a medium to high heat, toast the cumin and coriander seeds until golden brown.
3. Add the toasted spices to a pestle and mortar and finely grind.
4. Whiz alll the ingredients together in a food processor.
For the curry:
1. Slice the chicken into 2cm strips.
2. Peel, halve and finely slice the onions.
3. Finely slice the chilli and peeled ginger.
4. Pick the leaves off the coriander and finely the slice the stalks.
5. Put a large casserole-type pan on a med-high year and add a couple of lugs of oil and the butter.
6. Add the onions, chilli, ginger, and coriander stalks and cook for 10 mins until the onion is softened and golden.
7. Add the paste and the chicken, stirring to coat everything in the paste.
8. Season with salt and pepper then add the tomatoes and the coconut milk.
9. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 mins with the lid on.
10. Take the lid off and cook for a further 5 mins.
11. When the meat is tender and cooked, taste and season to pleasing.
12. Serve with rice, a few dollops of yoghurt, lemon wedges, the coriander leaves and the flaked almonds.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (283g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 76 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.5g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 93.3mg||29 %|
|Sodium 158.8mg||5 %|
|Potassium 713.1mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 9.2g|
|Protein 40g||57 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 282
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!