1. Lightly coat the inside of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Reserve 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel. In a small bowl combine remaining lemon peel, sage, seasoned salt and pepper. Remove 3/4 of the mixture and rub onto chicken thighs. Place chicken thighs in slow cooker.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet; add onions and celery. Cook and stir till soft, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in remaining sage mixture. Place bread cubes and carrot in a large bowl; add onion and celery mixture. Drizzle with chicken broth, tossing gently.
3. Lightly pack stuffing on top of chicken. Cover and cook on high heat setting for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
4. Using a slotted spoon, transfer stuffing and chicken to a serving platter, discard any juices remaining in cooker.
5. Combine reserved lemon peel, nuts and parsley; sprinkle atop chicken and stuffing.
Per 2/3 c. stuffing and one chicken thigh: 385 cal., 15 g. total fat (2. g sat. fat), 104 mg. chol., 543 mg. sodium, 29 g. carbs., (2 g. fiber, 2 g. sugars), 33 g. protein.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (354g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 329 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.5g||49 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.7g||49 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 9.4g|
|Cholesterol 165.4mg||51 %|
|Sodium 943.3mg||33 %|
|Potassium 651.8mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 58.9g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 55.1g|
|Protein 47.4g||68 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 759
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.