1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cupcake tray or spray it generously with a cooking spray like Pam. I don’t suggest using cupcake holders/liners for this recipe.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the cake flour with the cornstarch and baking powder.
3a. In a medium bowl using an electric mixer, beat 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons of the butter, ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract, and the lemon extract for about 5 minutes or until light and creamy…
3b. …add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition, and adding 2 to 3 tablespoons of the flour mixture with the last egg; the mixture may seem curdled but it isn’t. Beat for 3 to 4 minutes until creamy again.
4. With a rubber spatula, fold in the remaining flour mixture until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the cup and a half of chocolate chips.
5. In a small bowl, with a fork, mix together the remaining ¼ cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter, and ¾ teaspoon of vanilla. Add the remaining half cup of flour (not the mixture) and mix until crumbly
6. Fill the cupcake pan with the batter and generously sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top.
7. Bake the cakes for 35-40 minutes, or until the middles spring back when touched lightly or a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (115g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 75 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.3g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.6g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 352.5mg||108 %|
|Sodium 132.8mg||5 %|
|Potassium 112.3mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 11.6g|
|Protein 10.5g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 165
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.