A mocha muffin base, studded with chocolate chips and topped with toffee bits. Yummy!
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Grease or line muffin cups.
3. Melt butter and set aside.
4. Make Buttermilk and set aside.
5. Make coffee and set aside.
6. In a large bowl combine the flour, brown sugar, sifted cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
7. In a small bowl combine the melted butter, buttermillk, coffee, eggs and vanilla. Pour the butter mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined (don't overmix).
8. Stir in chocolate chips (don't overmix).
9. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups (don't over fill).
10. Spring the toffee bits over the tops of the unbaked muffins.
11. Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
12. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes before removing the muffins to the rack to cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (140g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 197 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.9g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.1g||66 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 120.5mg||37 %|
|Sodium 146.9mg||5 %|
|Potassium 200.4mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56.4g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 54.8g|
|Protein 6.5g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 438
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.