1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners.
3. Whisk or sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt into a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix the coconut milk, oil, vinegar, vanilla, and espresso powder (optional) until smooth.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and mix.
5. Divide the batter among the cupcake liners until each cup is 2/3 full. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
6. Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, slice off the top 1/3 of each cupcake and slather with frosting and sliced strawberries. Place the top of the cupcake back on top and add additional frosting and sliced strawberries. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
1. Combine the confectioners' sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a stand mixer.
2. Beat on medium-high speed until combined. With the mixer running, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time, until the desired buttercream consistency.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (170g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 169 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.8g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.6g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5466.6mg||189 %|
|Potassium 86.9mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 99.5g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 98.7g|
|Protein 2.2g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 565
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.