1. Lightly grease a baking sheet. Combine the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, butter and water in a blender and mix thoroughly until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
2. Knead the dough on a floured surface for 5 minutes before returning to the bowl and leaving to rest for an hour.
3. Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 1.5 cm thick, and spread the butter on top, then sprinkle on the sultanas and dust with cinnamon.
4. Take the smaller end and roll the dough into a sausage, then cut 2-3 cm thick discs and lie them face down on the prepared baking sheet. Leave to rise for 45 minutes.
5. Set the oven to 190°C/gas 5. Brush the swirls with the beaten egg or milk and bake for 15-20 minutes.
6. Remove the swirls from the oven and immediately brush with sugar syrup.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (50g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 36 (25%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 26.6mg||8 %|
|Sodium 30.9mg||1 %|
|Potassium 53.3mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 24.1g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 23.2g|
|Protein 2.8g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 143
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!